CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Pinecone Bird Feeders

After the Holidays were over Doodle and Bugs were getting bored, so I busted out this project I have been meaning to do for some time now!
 Here is what we used: a jar of Peanut Butter, Bird Seed, some BIG Pine cones that we brought home from Lake Tahoe, a plastic knife and some string!

First we smothered the Pine cone with Peanut Butter with a plastic knife, making sure we got it into the center as well! then I tied some jute around it. The reason for the jute, was to hang it and also to hold onto it, while I put the Pine Cone in the bag of Bird seed. Then I didnt have to get all messy! once we were done their Dad took them outside and they got to choose that perfect spot to hang it!
 Now both girls enjoy looking out the window each day to see birds eating, and the Birds are happy!

1 comment: