CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Make your own Laundry Soap and Dish Soap

Laundry Detergent
1 Fels-Naptha Soap Bar
1 C Arm and Hammer Washing Soda
1/2 C Borax

Grate Fels-Naptha and add to a sauce pan with 4 C of hot water. Stir continually over a medium heat until the soap dissolves and is melted.

Fill a 5 gallon bucket half full of hot tap water. Add melted soap, Washing Soda, and Borax. Stir until powder is dissolved. Fill the rest of the the bucket with hot water. Stir and cover and let sit over night to thicken. (Like I said before it kind of becomes like a jelly).

If you have High Efficient washer you only need 1/8 C per load and if you have regular washer you need 1/4 C per load.

Dish Washer Soap
1 C Arm and Hammer Washing Soda
1 C Borax
1/4 C Salt (this helps prevent hard water build up.)

Mix and enjoy!

I got this GREAT idea from a cousin in Law and I cant wait to try it!

1 comment:

  1. Let me know how stains come out. I'm not that daring to try myself.

    ReplyDelete