CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Simple Appetizers!

LadyBug Appetizers


Arent these Adorable??? A friend made these and she did a GREAT JOB!

They are cute and YUMMY! I had a few and LOVED them! What a fun Appetizer to take to a Summer BBQ! Here's the recipe for these Lady's:
Ingredients
2 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons sour cream
Black paste food coloring
1/2 teaspoon minced chives
1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
1/8 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
36 butter-flavored crackers
18 cherry tomatoes, quartered
18 large pitted ripe olives
72 fresh chive pieces (about 1-1/2 inches long)

Directions
In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Remove 1 tablespoon to a small bowl and tint black. Place tinted cream cheese mixture in a small plastic bag; set aside.

Add the chives, garlic salt and parsley to the remaining cream cheese mixture. Spread over crackers. Arrange two tomato quarters on each for the ladybug wings.

For heads, halve the olives widthwise; place one half on each cracker. Insert two chives into olives for antennae. Use tinted cream cheese mixture to pipe spots onto wings. Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 86 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 187 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Ladybug-Appetizers

4 comments:

  1. Cute, I saw something similar to that a while back and thought you should try them but don't think I ever sent it to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are almost too cute to eat! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found you on Simply Designing. Creative people like you inspire me so I decided to follow your blog. These are so cute I have to make them. It's going to be hard to eat them though! I hope you will follow me back http://talesfrommyjournal.blogspot.com I can be found in facebook too http://www.facebook.com/DeniseMartin.LillaRose and twitter @DeniseLillaRose If you like/follow me there I will do the same for you. When you stop by my blog, please check out my kind of fashion (hair jewelry).

    ReplyDelete